Hello Philip

>Dear Keith,
>
>Well you may think he talks a lot of bollocks

Actually I think I proved it. I also think you didn't read the
message I reffed. Why don't you do so now? Here it is again:
http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg68246.html
Re: [Biofuel] DISTILLERY DEMAND FOR GRAIN TO FUEL CARS VASTLY UNDERSTATE

Lester Brown thinks he's talking about food. Do you think he's
talking about food? - you know, stuff people eat with their mouths
when they're hungry to keep them going. This is what he's talking
about:

> > http://faculty.plattsburgh.edu/richard.robbins/legacy/hunger_readings.htm
> > Readings on Hunger, Poverty, and Economic Development
> >
> > B. Food as a Commodity
> > To understand why people go hungry you must stop thinking
> > about food as something farmers grow for others to eat, and begin
> > thinking about it as something companies produce for other people to
> > buy.  Food is a commodity.

Yea verily. Or:

> > http://www.jhsph.edu/clf/events_new/dodge_lectures/dodge_lecture.html
> > JHU Center for a Livable Future - Dodge Lecture
> > An Agronomist's View of Public Health
> >    March 27, 2000
> >
> >    Dennis R. Keeney, Ph.D.
> >    Emeritus Director, Aldo Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture
> >    Iowa State University
> >
> >   Midwest grain-based agriculture produces not food but feed for
> > animals (fat), fructose (sweeteners) and fuel (ethanol). It is thus
> > not a healthy, sustainable agriculture. Rather than feeding the
> > hungry, this production of grains causes environmental degradation,
> > pollution of waterways and estuaries, abandoned farms and rural
> > out-migration. Over time this hopefully will change to an agriculture
> > based on food, not feed.

Or or or. Okay? Not food. He's talking bollocks.

Philip said:
> > >There's a ton of useful stuff on their site.

Keith replied:
> > Yes there is, and ...

I'm not unaware of the situation with global forestation, nor was I
arguing about it, and I don't know why you want to.

>As we all know, truth is a question of presentation

Huh?

Best

Keith