  From: Zeke Yewdall<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: biofuel@sustainablelists.org<mailto:biofuel@sustainablelists.org>
  Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 1:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Chicken Little Strikes Again! CO2 is
rising!C02isrising!A scientific Rebutal

  This may seem high, but then when I think about that forest around my
parents' property in eastern Washington, every piece of land surrounding us has
been logged at least once in the last 25 years -- many in the last 10 years.
From the satellite photo of the area (about 2 meter resolution) you can clearly
see our property lines by where there are and are not tall trees.  Yes, there
are still 50 foot trees left all over the rest of it, but the 100 foot trees
are mostly gone.

  Maybe in the Dakota's trees have increased alot, but how big are those trees?
  I grew up in the Northwest, and can't say that I've seen many trees in
Colorado that really seem to count as trees compared to what I'm used to.  If
it's not 2 foot diameter and 80 foot high.....    know, I'm a tree snob, but
from a carbon sequestration standpoint, the very large trees in the temperate
and tropical rainforests, as well as the temperate broadleaf and boreal
coniferous band, probably do alot more than the more arid forest that occupies
alot of the rest of the world.  And those ones are the ones that I think have
been destroyed or "degraded" more.

  Zeke