If you could rely on food services making healthy choices that would be great.
But all the corporations I know buy the cheapest crap oils and use them till
they are oxidised to the point of rancid. Shelf life and cost. Salad oils will
be canola usually and instead of lard hydrogenated vegetable oil.
  We know trans fats are a problem but that news has yet to be operated on by
corporations.
  Our local hospital hired a nutritionist with a brain and the cafeteria now
has organic and omega3 etc.
  Amazing. The only public eatery I know of though - the rest use crisco.

  Kirk

Darryl McMahon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  If one chooses not to keep appliances for cooking or storing food,
eating out all the time could make sense. If one lives alone, or the
schedule means they are seldom at home for meals, this could even make
financial sense. No refrigerator, no freezer, no stove, no energy bill
associated with those activities, no grocery bill, no worries about food
spoiling. No need for a kitchen, saves living space. Just skipping the
trips for groceries appeals to me, not to mention cooking for others
with dynamic schedules.

Actually, most dormitories I have experienced are based on this premise
(no kitchen, all meals taken at food service locations of some kind).
May apply to other situations as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Darryl

Jason& Katie wrote:

> eating at a restaurant three times a day doesnt really make sense to me.
> seems that the benefits of localized food would be somewhat diminished
> when it is produced in large amounts like that, because even with the
> best quality stock, they are still on a time budget, and would have to
> at least skim corners, if not cut them entirely. i think good food is
> best prepared in the home, or at least in a place where there isnt such
> a rush to finish cooking. i dont mean what they are reporting is bad,
> just a little off kilter.

Darryl McMahon
It's your planet. If you won't look after it, who will?

The Emperor's New Hydrogen Economy (now in print and eBook)
http://www.econogics.com/TENHE/