This thread is just so ME!!

I shop and cook for my neighbourhood, they pick up
their dinners up on the way home from work.  I feed
some single moms, bachelors, a few couples who work
ridiculous hours, a few housebound people
(deliveries).  It's quite a nice community thing too,
since the neighbours come in and sit around.  Organic
and local produce when possible, definitely all
fresh...  recycled containers (sanitizer on the
dishwasher)

Eventually everything will be local.
Jesse

--- Darryl McMahon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If one chooses not to keep appliances for cooking or
> storing food,
> eating out all the time could make sense.  If one
> lives alone, or the
> schedule means they are seldom at home for meals,
> this could even make
> financial sense.  No refrigerator, no freezer, no
> stove, no energy bill
> associated with those activities, no grocery bill,
> no worries about food
> spoiling.  No need for a kitchen, saves living
> space.  Just skipping the
> trips for groceries appeals to me, not to mention
> cooking for others
> with dynamic schedules.
>
> Actually, most dormitories I have experienced are
> based on this premise
> (no kitchen, all meals taken at food service
> locations of some kind).
> May apply to other situations as well.
>
> Just my 2 cents.
>
> Darryl
>
> Jason& Katie wrote:
> >
> > eating at a restaurant three times a day doesnt
> really make sense to me.
> > seems that the benefits of localized food would be
> somewhat diminished
> > when it is produced in large amounts like that,
> because even with the
> > best quality stock, they are still on a time
> budget, and would have to
> > at least skim corners, if not cut them entirely. i
> think good food is
> > best prepared in the home, or at least in a place
> where there isnt such
> > a rush to finish cooking. i dont mean what they
> are reporting is bad,
> > just a little off kilter.

Jesse Frayne
itsdinner.ca
Neighbourhood catering and general joie de livre