If it saves one child.
  How sad it is we were all taught to get under our desk.
  As he said - how obscene. Murdered by misinformation.

  Kirk

robert and benita rabello <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Kirk McLoren wrote:
    TRRIIAANNGGLLEE OOFF LLIIFFEE
  (EARTHQUAKES)
  This is most definitely worth reading.

    Indeed!  It makes a LOT of sense, too.  I grew up in earthquake country and
habitually pressed myself into a door frame whenever I was inside.  I can
remember one night when a particularly powerful earthquake hit that the nails
in the house frame creaked and groaned under the strain.  I found it extremely
hard to stay pressed into the doorway.  I've also been outside and have seen
the ground rolling at me like waves on the ocean.  It's EXTREMELY disconcerting
to watch the ground ripple like that!

    Thanks for posting this, Kirk!

robert luis rabello  "The Edge of Justice"  "The Long Journey"  New Adventure
for Your Mind  http://www.newadventure.ca    Ranger Supercharger Project Page
http://www.members.shaw.ca/rabello/