I suspect the vulcanism is a product of telluric current and not visible
photons. I submit as an argument the fact granite is NEVER a product of
vulcanism. If volcanoes got their heat from the core granite should be a common
product and not as we observe - absent 100% of the time.
  Heretical science
  ;)
  Kirk

Joe Street <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I am reminded of my post a while back on global warming where I speculated
that if the earth is viewed as a closed system floating in a vacuum where the
energy flux adsorbed is balanced by the radiated loss on the dark side, if the
outflux is reduced then the entire earth as a system must warm.  Sure this
mostly is felt in the atmosphere but it stands to reason that the energy flux
leaking out of the earth itself will be affected thus the sub surface
tempreatures will also rise after some time. We do se ocean temperatures rising
already. I speculated that volcanic activity would eventually change as a
result ( increase I would guess) Are we seeing signs of this already?  I think
ultimately this has been a corrective cycle in the earth's history where
volcanic ejecta has acted to then limit incoming flux and hence bring on a
cooling cycle.

Joe

M&K DuPree wrote:
          My stomach makes strange rumblings too and I know I'm an inch shorter
than I was a year ago, oh, and I've been sleeping for most of my nearly 55
years while my landscape has been reshaped, does all this mean I am about to
explode??  Thank you, Kirk, for passing along the astute observations of a
Frosty Piss.  Makes me appreciate the fire in my belly.  Mike DuPree