There are quick poisons.
  A good friend of mine lived in Mexico for a time. His father was an Irish
mining engineer and his mother a Yaqui.
  He told me about watching sparrows land on the lip of the flotation tank -it
was a gold mine and they used cyanide flotation. They would lift their beak to
let the water go down their throat and just kept going backwards and fell to
the ground. Thats a fast poison.

  A regular varmint trap will catch one. You can secure it to the top of a
post. Put one of the dead chicks as bait and secure it with thread so the trap
is sure to get triggered. Check it frequently as they can escape if only held
by a leg.

  Before they got protected they were a great varmint to hunt. A lot of people
used the deuce (.222) which preceded the development of the military .223. The
deuce was a very accurate round. 200 yard crow kills were easy.

  Kirk

Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi Kirk

>No firearms in Japan

There are, but very high hassle factor rules it out. Quite right too, IMHO.

>so trap or poison.
>You can trap one. The rest will then be educated.

Yes, as previously, but how?

>Poison has management problems but sometimes that has to be done.

Severe management problems, and I think it'd leave me without the
required corpus delecti as a deterrent.

>I hope it is lawful. Japanese jails have a reputation.

:-) So do US jails, especially these days. Think I'd choose the
Japanese version.

>Not legal to harm in US and Mexico - prob Canada as well.
>Dont get caught.

Quite so. :-)

>And yes they are not endangered and yes they are a PITA.

They're regarded as pests here. They're not too good at PR, they like
attacking people in Tokyo parks and so on.

>22 long rifle is good crow medicine. If you live where it is
>populated a 2 liter pop bottle on the end of the rifle barrel
>modifies the noise so it isnt instantly recognized as a gun.

I miss my BSA Meteor .22 air rifle. Poacher's gun, excellent. :-(

Thanks, regards

Keith