Well, boulder has alot of good things -- great public transit, bike
trails, greenspace. And they do think about planning, which is more
than I can say for many places.  But because they are surrounded by
open space that can't be built on (a good thing), and they have also
historically made it hard to do high density living (even having a
legal rentable carriage house in the backyard is hard), there's not
enough housing, which drives the prices way up, and makes the traffic
horrible for a town its size because alot of people commute in  --
either because they can't afford anything in town, or because there is
nothing available.  The newest developments in town are doing high
density dwelling, finally -- mixed use with shops below, and
apartments above.  But it took a while.  There are a zillion prius's
(prii?) in boulder, but I'd also never seen that many $40,000 SUV's
till I moved to Boulder.

On 6/15/07, Chip Mefford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Zeke Yewdall wrote:
> > Uuugh.   Forgot about property flipping.  But now that you mention it,
> > they are ripping down 2,000 sq foot $800k houses in Boulder, just for
> > the lot.   Ack.  Our society is nuts.
>
> Our society is suicidal. Nuts indeed!
>
> I though Boulder had more sense. I've read good stuff about
> the planning commissions out there, this is sad to hear.
>
> > This is one reason my town hasn't made too much effort to clean up the
> > piles of abandoned cars along the road and in everyone's yard.... it
> > keeps the property values under control and the yuppies out.  :)
>
> Indeed.

Zeke Yewdall
Chief Electrical Engineer
Sunflower Solar, A NewPoint Energy Company
Cell: 720.352.2508
Office: 303.459.0177
FAX documents to: 720.269.1240
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.cosunflower.com

CoSEIA Certified
Certified BP Solar Installer
National Association of Home Builders

Quotable Quote

"In the dark of the moon, in flying snow,
in the dead of winter, war spreading,
families dying, the world in danger,
I walk the rocky hillside
sowing clover."