Butcher paper is still in use in a few stores around here, as well.  The
end of plastic bags would put an end to the paper or plastic question
and, that would put an end to my baffling carry outs. I answer the
question with "plastic, support the local economy".  Seldom do they make
the connection of the plastic bags, to the local petroleum production.
Doug, N0LKK
Kansas USA inc.