:) on reading the bag recycling method. my thought process ran; I just
washed them, why would I want them to fall on *my* floor?  Besides that
the inside of the bag is what ends up needing the cleaning.  On
recycling glass milk bottles, how much higher would the energy input be?
    Hot water to sterilize them for re-use. Heavier trucking loads, both
ways.  I'm not old enough to remember dry bulk goods, I don't recall my
parent's generation mentioning it.  I always they where prepackaged in
paper like flour and some sugar still is today, before plastic arrived.
Doug, N0LKK
Kansas USA inc.