----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Friday, August 17, 2007 5:05 am
Subject: [Biofuel] Bloody outrage
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org

> My Encounter with [Insert Scary Music] ... Socialized Medicine!

Gasp!

<snip>
> I was back at Ann’s in just over an hour from
> when I left—with my letter, my boot, and my tale of smiling, pleasant,
> and  efficient health care workers. And somehow I began to believe
> that back in America we weren’t being given the whole truth. And guess
> what? Ann tells me that David Beckham and Wayne Rooney, the biggest
> British soccer (football) stars, have had metatarsal bone fractures, just
> like
> mine. In about six weeks, I too will be back on the field, thanks to
> socialized medicine!

I've lived under both systems, and there is NO WAY that I would ever desire to
return to America's "free market" medicine.  The system in the US works well if
you have a lot of money, a category I have never fit into, and therefore did
not have a good experience with health care in my own country, but here in
Canada, when I have a medical issue I simply go to my family physician.

Rush Limbaugh and the other ranting lunatics have it wrong, as usual . . .

robert luis rabello