Hello All,
        On 9/25/06 Pagandai Pannirselvan wrote:
>The small co generation of electrical energy based on the bio diesel  can
>>make possible the use of pure used vegetable  oil and  also some e 5 >porcent
>hydrated ethanol , making possible to lower the viscosity of used >vegetable
>oil  in deiesel engine, removing  dependence with >Conventional deisel.
>Thus the blend of used vegetable oil 70 percent, hyrated ethanol 10 >percent
>and biodeisel 20 porcent   can be used with less problem for >motor
>maintainence in rural areas.

     I've recently been contacted by a former student who would like to
generate his own electricity for his woodworking business. He is considering a
diesel generator and asked about biodiesel. I suggested he look into using a
BD/WVO blend rather than processing it all into BD, as he would be using about
3 gallons (11.4 L) per hour (120+ gal/week).
   1.  Does anyone have experience using a  blend such as that suggested by
Pagandai Pannirselvan in a diesel generator?

   2.  Hydrated ethanol:  What % water would be tolerated?
     In the U.S. it is possible to get a permit to distill ethanol. Only that
which leaves the premises must be denatured to prevent human consumption.
85-90% ethanol is do-able, and used on premises would not have to be denatured

   3.  Could E-85 be substituted for the hydrated ethanol?
I've heard of commercial suppliers adding small amounts of gasoline to their
diesel. Since the E-85 would only constitute 10% of the mix, the total gasoline
would only be .15 X .10 = .0150   (1.5%)

                          Thanks,
                               Tom