True, true
  But what are your alternatives?
  Nukes -kill people and animals
  Coal - kill all things that breathe or are sensitive to mercury - same as
above it seems
  Wind - kills birds and noisy if close - bad but less bad than above.
  Solar - silicon foundries have a bad history. San Jose water table is
contaminated with mutagens.

  Human powered treadmills - I can see a whole new prison industry.

  If we were able to mandate water treatment in silcon factories - maybe this
is the solution?

  We have a problem.

  Kirk

Chandan Haldar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Kirk,

A google search on "wind power problem" will bring up many links.
Specifically, large scale wind energy farms in Ireland and parts
of UK have apparently created massive problems for bird life.
Also the noise in high wind conditions is apparently unbearable
for the neighborhood.

This article is over 2 years old, but might be a start:
http://www.geocities.com/nigbarnes/

The problem, as usual, is the scale. Beyond a certain scale,
unexpected difficulties surface. Everything is connected.

Chandan