Roger,
      I'm stumped by the third photo. Why so much soap when you used new veg
oil.
      I'm surprisd it separated at all.
     You are certain the methanol is dry?

     Soap forms when there is water contamination.
     Soap forms when Free Fatty Acids are present.

Ken P. responded to you on March 31:
"It's ALWAYS a good idea to titrate, even virgin oil. Many oils,
including palm and olive (don't know about peanut) have high FFA levels as
typically sold."

     The reason for using new, unused veg oil of our first test batches is
to decrease the number of variables we are dealing with. It is best to avoid
titration until you get the basic process under your belt. It is assumed
that new oil doesn't have to be titrated. This may not be the case.

    Suggestions:
 1.  Pick up a container of "Heet" (brand of gas line antifreeze)  Yellow
container,  NOT  Red.  (If it is available to you.)   ~ $1.50/300ml.  (US).
It is dry methanol.
 2. I did my test batches using a name brand corn oil. The people I have
helped in my "neigborhood" have done the same. We had no problems with FFAs.
Maybe you should invest in a bottle of name brand corn oil .....   or is
that what you already did?

As for pH meters:  (Ken P):
"pH really only makes sense when referring to a water-based solution.
Sticking pH paper or pH meter into biodiesel gives spurious results
in most cases. I often measure the pH of my wash water as a check
of how much lye and soaps may be left in the biodiesel, but never the
biodiesel (or oil) itself."

     Get Phenolphthalein (dissolved in alcohol) for titrations.
     We'll deal with the mysterious peanut oil and with you WVO after you
succeed w. the test batches.
      I'm now curious about peanut oil. I'll see about getting some and
doing a test batch myself.
                         Tom