jan i may be wrong (and i probably am) but i have been studying this one  a bit
and i believe the feeding you are talking about is when you use a closed tube
type breeder reactor to grow the algae in and there are  experiments using
exhaust from  sources already producing the  c02    not necc creating ones to
feed it,  in that aspect i believe that anything that would remove c02
emmisions from something already producing it,,  industrial power plants
incinerators etc would potentially be a net  loss of carbon  there are also
experimennts in open pond  cultivation where the algae does not have to be fed,
  the drawbacks to this are that the good oil producing strains of algae get
contaminated by other species that dont produce near as much oil     im hoping
this has potential it seems one of the biggest hurdles now is cultivating and
proccessing the algae without consuming more energy than is produced     seems
to be quite a bit of  work going on in this field     a lot of info can be
found at  oilgae.com  have a good day kelly> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
sustainablelorgbiofuel@sustainablelists.org> Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 14:32:40
+0430> Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Fuel from Algae??> > Hello Doug et al. There are
two major concern signs about biodiesel from > algae oil:> 1) The algae have to
be "fed" with CO2 during growth. If this CO2 comes from > fossile sources, you
have achieved almost nothing.> 2) The oil from algae is highly unsaturated.
This makes it difficult to have > the biodiesel meet the EN norm and other
standards.> > Jan Warnqvist> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "doug"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> To: <biofuel@sustainablelists.org>> Sent: Sunday, April
27, 2008 5:38 AM> Subject: [Biofuel] Fuel from Algae??> > > > Hi,> > I ran into
a chap travelling around Australia extolling the virtues of> > running on SVO.>
> He is to email me more details, but apparently there is a project in> >
Australia involved with oil from Algae, aparently using CO2 feedstock from> >
generation equipment.> > I googled to try to find more info, but only found
foreign references from> > ~2005. Has anyone heard anything about this
project?> >> > regards Doug> >> >