Hi Doug

>While I understand that my country never intends to truly "liberate"
>Iraq and her citizens, but I wonder Naomi Klein understands how naive
>going on about the reported 25/75 split will be read by royalty owners
>in the United State.

That would by a very partial reading.

>25% is twice as much as royalty owners in the
>United States typically receive.In the event a conservative talk show
>host hasn't yet used that detail to discredit, the more reasonable
>points Klein offers one soon will

Royalty owners in the US also wouldn't be delighted to get only 3%
instead of their usual 12.5%. Anyway that wasn't the deal - Iraq only
gets 25% when it was supposed to get 100% and it's their oil anyway,
and the guys with the 75% shouldn't even be there, they're just
poised to rip the rest of the place off too.

It's stretching it to call it royalties. You'd have to go back to the
50s to find oil royalties like that. Even then, when Aramco (Socal)
was forced to cough up a share at last, the Saudis got 50%, not just
25%.

Actually Klein doesn't refer to royalties. She calls it pillage, and
she talks of a heist, and a stick-up, but she doesn't say royalties.

Trying in advance to sidestep what conservative talk show hosts in
the US might refer to would probably mean never opening your mouth at
all, and that might not help either. I suppose it happens, quite an
ugly form of self-censorship. A visit to FAIR
<http://www.fair.org/index.php> or SourceWatch
<http://www.sourcewatch.org/> quickly establishes how reality-based
talk show hosts tend to be. There's no real pressure on them to
change their ways, it works well for them and for whoever's paying
the piper. A part of all this methinks:

Ignorant America: Just How Stupid Are We?
http://www.alternet.org/story/90161/

Why People Think Americans are Stupid
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=21629

:-(

And you're going to have an election soon eh? Be prepared for lots of
scathe from the world's 6.3 billion non-voters.

Anyway Naomi Klein can look after herself, she's more than a match
for a talk show host, IMHO.

Best

Keith