I like the idea that 'when the people lead, the leaders follow' when
contemplating  how we are to control corporations.
However, even though we now have the power of the internet to unite us, we
remain (almost) totally ineffective.
Yes, we have Avaaz and similar groups that are succeeding quite well in
collecting names, but a list of names alone will not control corporations,
however long that list is.
I'm wondering if anyone has drafted the terms of a world wide applicable piece
of legislation, designed to limit the power of corporations. Seems to me that
with such a document in hand, the lists of names would have a concrete entity
about which to focus.
We could then start working out the best way that 'the people' could then...
 'hold the feet of our noble leaders firmly to the fire, and to be relentless
about it'.

best
James