I've never tried it, but the laws of physics don't give much room for
improvement.  If you take mechanical energy from the engine, turn it to
electricity via the alternator, electrolyze water to hydrogen, then burn the
hydrogen.... you're never going to get out as much as you put in, unless
every step is 100% efficient -- which none of them are.  The possibility is
that low levels of hydrogen enrichment improve the combustion efficiency of
the engine running on gasoline or diesel, and thus get more mpg that way,
which I can see happening, but on a modern computer controlled engine, the
emissions are really low compared to older carbureted engines, which implies
that there's not alot of advantage to be gained in combustion efficiency.
Perhaps the hydrogen makes it burn closer to the ideal text book cycle
instead of the real world cycle...   anyway... from a physics standpoint, I
can see it giving a slight efficiency boost, especially for older engines,
but not massive, and the whole pure H2 idea doesn't seem to be possible from
the second law of thermodynamics.

The whole concept of making them out of scrap parts around the house is also
rather odd.... if it was legitimate, don't you think that someone would be
selling complete units instead of selling instructions... maybe the only
money is to be made in selling instructions... kind of like the magnetic
motors that turn forever and are a limitless power source... but you can
only buy instructions, not an actual motor.....   Makes it seem more like a
pyramid scheme instead of a legitimate invention.  On the other hand, you
get all kinds of people trying to sell copies of JTF, and poorly made
expensive biodiesel reactors, so from an outsider's perspective, biodiesel
doesn't always look so legitimate either.

I guess the only way to tell for sure is to test one.  Does someone want to
send you one built for the van?