Methanol is a little more corrosive than ethanol but at that dilution
rate that might not be noticeable.  The air fuel ratio is a little
different but again not an issue at that dilution level.  I'd say go
ahead if you really want to denature it. Can your flex fuel ranger
really burn 100% alcohol anyways?  Isn't it expecting E85?

Joe