I don't think George Monbiot was attempting humour or satire - I think
he was being dead serious (double entendre intended).

Certainly, I don't see any evidence of him saying "hey, only kidding",
even in response to items like this:

http://www.llrc.org/fukushima/monbiot.htm

As for responding to Robert's question within this thread, I have to
echo Chip's first response - that's going to take some time and effort.
  (It would be too flippant to say I wrote a book to answer that, and I
know it was not complete.)  I will try to find time to deal with that at
a later date, but there is a federal election on the go here in Canada,
and I think the local Green candidate needs my support for the short
term (until May 2nd).

Darryl
Prez, Electric Vehicle Council of Ottawa

On 31/03/2011 1:31 PM, GEORGE PAGE wrote:
> Did everyone else catch that the title to Monbiot's article
> references Dr. Strangelove, and I'm just finally getting it?  Was the
> article a satire, or what?
>
> Maybe I'm a little slow...
>
> George Page www.seabreezefarm.net Vashon Island, WA USA
>
> On Mar 31, 2011, at 4:18 AM, Dawie Coetzee wrote:
>
>> At last.

<snip>