Well I guess you could call that some kind of a 'breakthrough' but there
are a lot of stories floating about that fall into that description.
However when current heterojunction technologies are already hitting the
30% conversion efficiency mark and current laboratory techniques using
quantum dot conversion techniques promise to push that much higher, then
what does it mean to say that a novel technique could yield a device one
day that could deliver 10% quantum efficiency?

Mother nature already produced the most efficient solar energy
conversion technology.  Photosynthesis!  And she did it millions of
years ago by simple trial and error.  Not bad. We are stumbling in the dark.

Joe