G'day Keith;

> About the archives. As long as the listserve distributes the messages
> to the members, the archives updates automatically. With only
> snippets, sent direct, it wouldn't do that. If we continue with a
> listserve then the archives will stay current. (And the listserve
> software we need is Mailman.)

to paraphrase Harvey Lime from Brazil:
"Mailman is my forte"

But you are shooting your mailman archives over to mail-archive.com
and I don't know a thing about that service.

I'm confident I can handle the mailman bits.

last year, I got rid of all my servers and moved
all my stuff onto a pair of VMs hosted by prgmr.com.
I'm no longer running a mailman implementation, but
I certainly could if it would help.

--chipper