Actually the methanol doesn't mix that well with the biodiesel. IPA
(Isopropyl Alcohol) does and seems to have a beneficial  effect at
quite low concentrations 2% even. IPA isn't cheap here, 95% ethanol,
even at 10% is attractive since that is what is sold as metholated
spirits. Tony clogged up again this morning-looked like mud- really
must get across the need to add the biocide.(sorry Kieth)
 --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> G'day Steven
>
> >G'day Keith & Camillo
> >Thanks for the information, leads and suggestions.Can I please
ask, what does
> >DIYS IMHO stand for....something about do it yourself?
>
> "Do-it-yourselfers, in my humble opinion".
>
> >I presume when you mention about using an alcohol to lower cloud
point,
> >methanol could be as easily used, but is not the fuel of choice
because of its
> >origin.
>
> Yes, I guess that's right. I was working with ethanol and found
cloud
> point improvement, other interests too with ethanol blends, so I
> didn't try methanol, but certainly worth trying. That biodiesel had
> quite a low cloud point anyway, I've no idea what effect it might
> have on your high-CP muttonfat BD. Please let us know anything you
> find.
>
> >Somthing of interest, just thinking about fuels. Not far from
where I live, in
> >a little place called Wolsley, there are some relics from a by
gone era, huge
> >cement fuel tanks sitting out in the middle of a farmers paddock.
Apparently
> >they were used during the second world war to hold fuel
reserves...and I think
> >( if my memory dosn't fail me ) they actually produced the fuel
> >there...ethanol... I presume.
> >I just thought that was interesting.
>
> Hopefully a sign of a forthcoming era too, Steven.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Keith
>

> >Regards
> >Steven
> >
> >Keith Addison wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Camillo, Steve

> > > 100% mutton fat: Yes, we do offer technology for that
feedstock. But

> > > Try this, good for tallow and lard - if it doesn't handle 100%
you
> > > might have to mix it with some SVO or WVO:
> > > http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_aleks.html

> > > Sorry to push this, but I found adding 10% ethanol lowered cloud
> > > point quite a useful amount, maybe more so in this case. It was
95%
> > > ethanol, by the way.
> > >
> > > Best
> > >
> > > Keith