Here is a communication from World Energy about government actions against
one of the few biodiesel producers in the Northeast. Be forwarned.

Snip>
We run into a lot of small producers who are trying to do the right thing,
but I would be remiss if I did not warn about the severity of cutting corners
from an IRS or EPA standpoint.

Any biodiesel producer or seller needs to understand that any biodiesel used
(not sold)as fuel in an on-road vehicle is subject to on-road tax. We have a
number of producers around the country who do not want to deal with the tax,
and sell it tax exempt. This fuel does often end up in peoples vehicles. Just
as you and I pay tax at the pump, it is the user who is ultimately
responsible for road tax.

We just had a small producer in another state in a similar situation. They
own a number of diesel vehicles and have been using it for about a year. They
were just hit with bill for $0.31/gallon State excise tax plus penalties and
interest for every gallon they have produced. In addition, since the fuel was
used in on-road vehicles, the Federal Government can (and most likely will)
fine up to $10.00/gallon for every gallon used. The organization in Maine is
a non-profit agency and is therefore tax exempt. They also do not sell any
fuel to te outside world.

Many of these small producers are yet to realize how sad the ending may be. I
don't mean to sound rude or abrupt, but the tax consequences can be quite
severe. I have already seen it happen once. I think we will see it happen
again.

Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/MVfIAA/9bTolB/TM
[EMAIL PROTECTED]