You should put the animateTransform element behind the tspan. I don't
know about the current version, but some versions of Firefox didn't
display text, when something else than <tspan>, or <a> elements was
in the <text> element before the text. It is allowed, though, and
does work in other user agents.

The font-family property identifes a font by its display name, which
is not necessarily identical to the filename of the font. You have to
look at by what name the font is presented in the selection box when
you edit a document in a word processor, or any application that
allows you to select fonts. Destroy sound like it could be the full
display name, but maybe it's not.

Still, this would only work when the font is installed on your
system. If you use the document locally, or for offline rendering,
that's fine, but it wouldn't work for people who view the document
online, unless they also installed the font. To make SVG viewers use
the font when it's not installed, you could use CSS webfonts to
specify the location of the font file, but I think currently that's
only implemented in webkit.

A solution which also works in Opera and the Adobe SVG Viewer (but
not in firefox), is to use an embedded SVG font. The Apache Batik
toolkit comes with a font converter which can make SVG fonts from
True Type Fonts. I have recently written a little how-to on SVG fonts:
http://frankbruder.fr.ohost.de/fonts/svgfontshowto_en.xhtml

Regards
  Frank