there is no solution to the problem in Firefox.

You can specify a standard fallback font after the prefered SVG font
that should be present on most machines (one of the fonts that come
with Microsoft windows).

If Firefox implements web fonts they should most likely also work in
SVG. I also hope that they implement SVG fonts in Firefox 3.2 or
whatever comes after 3.1.

Andreas