Regarding #1 --- both SVG and VML renderers are deemed "production" and
fully supported. Silverlight is getting there and will be promoted to
"production" in 1.3 unless some major bug will be discovered and not
fixed in time for 1.3 (Dojo 1.2 was released several days ago).

The latest API documentation can be found here:
http://docs.dojocampus.org/dojox/gfx. Please let me know what things
don't work that should, or there is a confusion between possible bugs
and features. The direct link to our DojoX support forum:
http://dojotoolkit.org/forum/85, where dojox.gfx is discussed.

Regarding #2 --- you are absolutely right, Out of the box dojox.gfx
doesn't not provide this functionality mostly because it was designed to
deal with graphics primitives rather than high-level concepts. If
somebody can donate an implementation for connectors, diagrams, and so
on, I would appreciate it --- this is a frequently asked functionality
and we have to deal with it sooner or later --- it is always better to
start with some working code than from scratch.

Thanks,

Eugene