The browser's web console is clean (Figure 1 below shows the console after
the post command has been executed in swagger). Swagger and the application
are both running in Chrome (version 59.0.3071 64-bit). I downloaded swagger
3.3.1 onto my local machine into C:/swagger & am running it from there. I
start swagger by opening the cmd prompt, cd into C:/swagger & then
executing the 'npm start' command. I've attempted running the api (starting
it from visual studio) in both debug and release mode.

Figure 1:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TK6p7p3vsbo/WYd6HmiWz8I/AAAAAAAAAA4/HbnFaYlwlfQBcRKT1xy1NajO0P4835YXwCLcBGAs/s1600/ChromeDeveloperConsole.png>