I'm looking for a way to validate that a swagger/openapi3 interface
specification is syntactically correct.  What I am wanting to do is have a
pre-commit git hook script that ensures any interface checked into our
repository is clean.  Java or python would be preferable.  I know I can do
this interactively with swagger ui, but I'm looking for a way to do it as a
background process. If it fails I would like to be able to capture the
errors to kick back to the submitter.  If it passes I would ideally like to
generate the html documentation similar to what swagger ui creates so that
can be put in the repository and pushed out to where it is hosted.

I see lots of efforts to validate incoming json payloads against a swagger
specification, but that is not what I'm looking for here.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Heather