You can take a look at the validator-badge project – you can call it as a
service.

From: <swagger-swaggersocket@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Heather Gulledge
<heather.e.gulle...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, March 2, 2018 at 09:40
To: Swagger <swagger-swaggersocket@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Swagger syntax checker/HTML doc generator

I'm looking for a way to validate that a swagger/openapi3 interface
specification is syntactically correct.  What I am wanting to do is have a
pre-commit git hook script that ensures any interface checked into our
repository is clean.  Java or python would be preferable.  I know I can do this
interactively with swagger ui, but I'm looking for a way to do it as a
background process. If it fails I would like to be able to capture the errors
to kick back to the submitter.  If it passes I would ideally like to generate
the html documentation similar to what swagger ui creates so that can be put in
the repository and pushed out to where it is hosted.

I see lots of efforts to validate incoming json payloads against a swagger
specification, but that is not what I'm looking for here.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Heather