"Lee K. Seitz" wrote:

> Jim Leonard boldly stated:
> >
> >By now you're either asking me to shut up :-) or asking "But why do this when
> >you can just copy the videotape?"  Well, have you ever seen a 3rd- or
> >4th-generation copy of a videotape?
>
> How about nth generation?  I've got a copy of a copy of a copy, etc.
> of the Star Wars Holiday Special.

Same here -- that thing is majorly damaged, but it's 3rd or 4th on my
list.  I have the same copy you do.  I may not be able to fix the
"warbliness" of the picture, nor can I add brightness to sound where no
brightness exists, but I can try to repair the chroma shift and the
noise level (both video and audio) of that thing.  I'll let you know how
it turns out once I do it.

> >So what's a "qualified project"?  Game-related material, of course!
>
> When you say "game-related," does that mean PC games or consoles, too?

Anything that has historical interest.  Modern consoles, probably not.
But anything pre-PlayStation era, sure!  Why, what do you have in mind?