A large majority of them are uncracked.  Most of the C-64 (and later) stuff
I've seen is cracked...but not Apple.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee K. Seitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 11:50 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SWCollect] Data or Packaging...which is more valuable?

Hugh Falk boldly stated:

>So there are two types of people here:  Collectors (represented by Pedro)
>and Data Preservationists (represented by Jim).  Both are noble causes that
>can keep you busy for a long time.

>I don't know
>about DOS games, but just about every Apple game is already available on
the
>Internet.  So the need for data preservation will soon disappear.

Question:  Are most of the Apple games available on the 'net the
originals, or the cracked versions?  In my limited experience, they're
the cracked ones.  I'd say (with my Data Preservationist hat on), that
until they're all archived in their original forms, the need is still
there.  However, the Players (people who just want to be able to play
the games, which I believe have been the dominant force behind many
preservation efforts), don't really care.

--
Lee K. Seitz  *  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *  http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
Wanted:                     |   Visit the Classic Video Games Nexus