Pedro Quaresma wrote:

> Sniping is very useful indeed. Most probably will save you a lot of money
> and, as Chris mentioned, will prevent others from "stalking" your username.
>
> But...
>
> Consider for example the amount of cash that Hugh (IIRC it was Hugh) lost
> for that Apple auction because Chris sniped him some seconds later! Now
> that wouldn't have happened if either one had "reserved" the auction by any
> means.

I consider this not a problem with sniping but rather a problem with
Hugh's bid, which wasn't high enough.  I've concluded, through 6 week's
"research" :-) that sniping doesn't change anything fundamental: it
still comes down to whose maximum bid is higher.  If Chris's wasn't
higher than Hugh's, sniping or not Hugh would have won.
--
http://www.MobyGames.com/
The world's most comprehensive gaming database project.