Pedro Quaresma wrote:

> Speaking of arcade games, wasn't Jazz Jackrabbit the game that showed the
> world that the PC had capabilities to compete with the consoles even on
> fast paced arcade (side scrolling) games? Wasn't it from id too? Has anyone
> noticed what id has done for PC gaming? :)

It was Epic, actually, coded by the same guy behind Ultraforce's
Vectdemo (now we're venturing into demoscene material, help, someone
pull us back on topic!)

There were other platform games made for the PC that could compete (on a
386 with VGA, anyway) but they weren't as well-publisized or compared to
consoles in this fashion.
--
http://www.MobyGames.com/
The world's most comprehensive gaming database project.