Great idea for a thread, Joe.  Here are my current obsessions:

"Lucifer's Realm" by Med Systems / Screenplay
By the late (and twisted) Jyym Pearson.  Supposedly the first computer game to
be banned in the U.S., though I've never verified that.  I've got a loose set
of disks, I saw another set go on eBay, and I even saw the box cover somewhere
on the web, but I've never seen a complete copy for sale.

"From Apshai to Zork" (book) by Shay Addams
Before he did "Quest for Clues" and the "Official Book of Ultima", Shay put
out this combination hint book / encyclopedia for adventures and RPGs.  It's
on Alibris, AbeBooks, Amazon, Half, and every other major used book search
site; I have an ISBN and a Library of Congress catalog number; but I have
NEVER heard of anyone who has a copy.

"Suspect" by Infocom (fugly pink-background cover)
I obsessed over this for YEARS until I talked to Mike Dornbook of the Zork
Users Group, and discovered that it does not actually exist.  It's a prototype
cover thrown together for their catalog because the actual artwork wasn't
ready.  Wonder how many Infocom collectors breathed a sigh of relief when they
learned that.

"Building Applications with Cornerstone" (book) by Laura Buddine
I've been trying to get this one ever since I missed the one on eBay several
years back.  (It was a toss-up, the book or the Infocom card case, I could
only afford one at the time.)  The auction was by the author, who claims to
have several still in her garage, but she's a total frosted flake: I'll e-mail
her, she'll write back immediately and promise to look for them, I'll wait
another month or two without hearing back, ask her, wait 3 - 4 months with no
reply, the cycle repeats.  I even sent her a check for some stuff once, and
she never cashed it.

And on Mount Drash, I believe Keith Zabalaoui still has a copy too.