B.L. wrote:
I didn't really think it was fake, I was just entertaining the posibility. Because of it's popularity, the Ultima series has fallen victim to some faked items on ebay in the past; this one looks fine to me, was just double-checking with the knowledgable to see if perhaps someone sees something about the auction that I don't.

The pictures are not the best, but it is probably a re-wrap. Look at the diagonal pictures supersized: On the one that shows the bottom edge, the seam is crooked. On the one that shows the top edge, you can see box wear on one edge of the box. I'm 99% sure this is a re-wrap.

I also used to work at a software store, and the "not for resale" copies were usually almost always incomplete. They were delivered to stores so that employees could take them home and get familiar with them.

I would personally value this at $60-$70, but no more.
--
Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED])                    http://www.oldskool.org/
Want to help an ambitious games project?             http://www.mobygames.com/