Dan Chisarick wrote:

Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! One of my most recent purchases was squashed like a bug. And this was from someone who sells vintage games, not someone cleaning out the attic (no one here). I wasn't overly concerned about the title's condition, but I sent a message that I would have happily paid more had I known it would be shipped in a thin plastic envelope. The reply was that they would have happily upgraded the carton had I offered to pay more. Now there's a no-win argument.

AT LEAST THEY USED AN ENVELOPE! My worst shipment was Outcast (1998), probably the last voxel game ever written in the world and one hell of an adventure game, shipped BY ITSELF WRAPPED IN BROWN PAPER. I know I could have gotten it again/cheap, but the stupidity of it just drove me nuts. I specifically asked them to pack it well -- their answer was, "but we put some styrofoam inside the box..." |-P
--
Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) http://www.oldskool.org/
Want to help an ambitious games project? http://www.mobygames.com/