Brian the Fist schrieb:

> I always like to throw a bone in the gears..  It's not so hard to get
> access to a shrinkwrap machine.  How do you know, if you get a
> shrinkwrapped game, that it is in the ORIGINAL shrinkwrap?  Especially
> if there are no price tags or anything.  If you never open it, how would
> you ever know?  Carbon dating?  The pungent odour?  To me it is absurd
> to collect shrinkwrapped games at not open them - you're just opening
> yourself wide to scammers (not that I'd ever do that.. dum-de-dum..)
>
> Anyhow, when I get a shrinkwrapped game (rarely) the shrinkwrap is the
> first thing to go (unless I'm reselling it of course).

When it comes to Infocom games I am pretty certain I can tell a rewrap
from an original one.

It's not only that I know what the shrink looked like that was used by
Infocom, but there are other telltale signs as well: dust particles
under the shrink, edgewear where there shouldn't be any, fingerprints,
etc.

Marco