Let's validate the system:

Ultima IX: Ascension is worth $80 + $9 - $90 = -$1, so $0. This must therefore be be a good system!

Although I still like the -$1 value, because if I had to play this game again, I'd definitely want to be paid for it! :-P

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Lee,

Thanks for pointing out a couple of flaws in my otherwise perfect system.  So here are a couple of changes:

Numbers (and punctuation) do not count as "letters."

Subtitle letters do count, but are only worth 10% of the title letters.

Subtract (the value of 1 letter) x (sequel #) for sequels.

So for example, Ultima II:  Revenge of the Enchantress is worth:

$600 + $230 - $200 = $630

Note:  Regardless of how many sequels a game has, a game can never be worth less than $0.

With those modifications, I think the system is ready to roll out.  Enjoy.

Hugh