Jim Leonard stated:
>As for approaching it the right way, tell ZD about your project and ask
>that you are willing to host the pages, do all the scanning, tell them
>you'll offer pages in multiple formats, etc. and that all you ask in
>return is permission from the company to do so.

>However, you run a big risk of getting a cease and desist letter in
>return.  But since you already run the risk of that, you might as well
>contact them right now instead of running the site for two years,
>building it up, and THEN getting the cease and desist letter.

Or you can quietly host them, with appropriate copyright/trademark
notices, and hope they'll never care.  That's what I'm doing with Rom,
Spaceknight Revisited (http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/comics/Rom/).
Of course, that's a special situation because Marvel doesn't own the
character and Hasbro, the owner, isn't doing anything with it.  My
page is maintaining brand awareness (yeah, right) in case they *do*
decide to do something.  So *then* I'll get the cease and desist. 8)

--
Lee K. Seitz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]