Jim Leonard wrote:

> No, that is not what I am saying.  VG (S) means a box that has a few
> defects (usually crushing, a dent, etc.) but still has the shrinkwrap.

[and]

> Well, G (S) to describe the WRAP would be incorrect usage of the Scale.

Acknowledged. No downgrading of a game when only the factory wrap exhibits
signs of age, whereas the box is perfect.

> I guess in retrospect, having "Mint Sealed" can confuse some people, but
> it was *more* confusing to have someone sell you something described as
> "mint" and then getting an open box.

Aye. MS is quite a bit like NRFB, it's our way of describing that the item
is still in factory condition.

> -- surely you don't have that many...

True. These are rare cases. When the wrap is worn the box will most likely
have taken a hit as well, so there's no point in describing the shape of
the wrap separately. As said before, this may become more important in the
future for collectors who are fanatic about condition.

>> Yes, silly mistake there. Try that again: MS (wrap: G). Something like
>> that!
>
> Good idea!  I've never seen that usage before, but "(wrap: G)" makes
> perfect sense and is valid.  If you agree, I can add it to the FAQ
> section of the MobyScale -- let me know.

That would be nice! It would really help for the few cases in which one may
want to also describe the condition of the wrap in the abbreviated form.

> I can picture it now:  "Dufus!  You proudly displayed your complete
> Mt. Drash in your apartment window for a week for bragging rights?"
> Of course this would probably yellow the BOX and not the wrap ;)

Case in point (no,... not Drash) I have a few Ultima boxes where the color
is almost completely gone. They must have been sitting in the sun for years.

Alexander