I’ve seen some switches over TypeKind more easily expressed as a series of
if/else if statements also.

However unless you come across an ugly switch that you want to refactor while
working on something else, I probably wouldn’t spend time actively seeking them
out and changing them. I don’t think switching over the kind is considered a
code smell in itself.

Slava