> On Aug 9, 2016, at 12:04 PM, Dan Stenmark via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> I'd like to inquire as to what the Swift team thoughts on Go's concurrency
> model are?  I'm not referring to convenience of the 'go' keyword and nor am I
> referring to how the language handles Channels, both of which being what most
> folks associate with it.  Rather, I'd like to ask about the language's use of
> Green Threads and how the runtime handles the heavy lifting of multiplexing
> and scheduling them.  What are some of the strengths and weaknesses the Swift
> team sees to Go's approach?

Hi Dan,

There are many folks interested in concurrency topics related to this, but we
need to stay focused on finishing Swift 3 and then moving on to Swift 4 stage 1
goals.  As that work is cresting, we’ll start discussions of concurrency, and
may even be so bold as to start a new mailing list dedicated to the topic,
since it is such a wide reaching topic.

Until we get to that point, please resist the urge to jump ahead :-)

-Chris