No the proposal seems to be about unicode characters in Swift source code:

To ease lexing/parsing and avoid user confusion, the names of custom
identifiers (type names, variable names, etc.) and operators in Swift can be
composed of (mostly) separate sets of characters.

In that sense, it sounds more like a source-breaking bugfix to me.