Hello Ted,

Please try to understand. As Xiaodi and others have said a few times, it has
nothing to do with the topic being important or interesting. The current phase
of Swift 4’s development does not allow any extensive discussion or review on
topics which do not impact ABI stability:

Stage 1 focuses on the essentials required for source and ABI stability.
Features that don't fundamentally change the ABI of existing language features
or imply an ABI-breaking change to the standard library will not be considered
in this stage.

> On 12 Oct 2016, at 19:14, Ted F.A. van Gaalen via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> Apart from my perhaps fierce reaction, I am not aware of doing something
> wrong.
> and I still find this topic very important.

David.