You can already do this; you just need to implement RawRep manually.

What I think you mean to propose is that the compiler shorthand we have (which
synthesises the conformance if you use the equal signs next to the cases) be
extended to support tuples of the types it currently supports. That's a
relatively simple, non-source-breaking additive change. It likely doesn't fit
in the scope of swift 4 phase 1, though (sorry, I've been guilty of chatting
about non-abi stuff too as I encounter things which irritate me; trying to be
more disciplined)

Karl

Sent from my iPad