I'm also late to the thread (and the ABI stability discussion in general). Is
there a reference online that describes the reason for desiring ABI stability?
I mean, I get, generally, why we need it. But I'd like to see the arguments for
why we need it *now*, before certain other things are in place. Not saying the
reasons for the urgency aren't valid, I just don't know what they are.

Thanks!

> On Jan 25, 2017, at 08:44 , Freak Show via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> This is both great to hear (ivar introspection available) and a little
> disappointing (method level not).  Basically, I would hope for at least
> enough to allow implementation of KVC - which would require the ability to
> find and invoke methods by name.
>

>> On Jan 24, 2017, at 14:16, Joe Groff <jgr...@apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> a lot of the information you'd need for many dynamic features is already
>> there, and planned to be stabilized as part of the ABI. We already emit
>> reflection data that describes the physical layouts of types, and once those
>> formats are stabilized, building a library that interprets the metadata is
>> additive (and could conceivably be done by a third party independent of the
>> standard library). There may not be metadata for individual methods yet

Rick Mann
rm...@latencyzero.com