Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:36:16 -0800
   To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   From: Dmitry Beransky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Subject: Re: combo box vs "Java Applet Window"

   ...  My guess is that there is a bug in JComboBox's code
   responsible for deciding when to create a heavy-weight popup.  A
   work around would be to force the component always to use the
   heavyweight popup by setting the lightWeightPopupEnabled property
   to false.

Thanks.  This sounds like the right solution ultimately, but I'm not
creating the JComboBox; it is created behind the scenes by
JOptionPane.showInputDialog.  Is there a way for me to access this
JComboBox to set its lightWeightPopupEnabled property to false?

Thanks!

kj