On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 15:52 +0200, Beat Rubischon wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Am 26.06.05 schrieb Jeroen Massar:
>
> > There is a 'small' problem with this. AOL uses SPFv1, while Microsoft is
> > pushing "SPFv2", which is not really SPFv2, but their own version of the
> > thing which clashes with the real SPFv1 (openspf.org one) also called
> > classic and that is the one people have been deploying the last 2 years,
> > not the one with the PRA checks.
>
> I'm still looking for a deeper explanation. The one I found at
> Microsoft [1] exactly explains SPF as I know and the wizard [2]
> creates the same records as the wizard on spf.pobox.com.

spf.pobox.com is *VERY* out of date and actually has not much to do with
the classic SPFv1. The promote SenderID there and that is something that
the SPF folks don't want to see, they are currently trying to decide on
a site name and will the finally fix up the site, currently check:

http://www.mail-spf.org/

Which has quite some up-to-date info.

>       [1]
> http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/technologies/senderid/default.mspx
>       [2] http://www.anti-spamtools.org/SenderIDEmailPolicyTool/Default.aspx
>
> Do you have more information?

The spf-discuss list, but that one is a bit long and I guess some others
might want to have an explanation too, (even those 5 folks who are on
vacation and sending vacation notices when they receive mail on a bloody
technical mailinglist....)

Read:
http://www.openspf.org/OpenSPF_community_position_v101.html

Some nice URL's to read:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/docs/sender-id-position.htm
AOL backs away from Microsoft antispam plan
http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/software/groupware/story/0,10801,96022,00.html

Greets,
 Jeroen