On the Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 02:31:30PM +0100, jonathan blubbered:

Hi.

> Sorry but I disagree with Per.  ISPs have a duty to prevent email Spam
> which is a terrible curse for us all.  If they decide that blocking port
> 25 outbound will help then they should do it.
>
> If you are a user, why can't you use the ISPs relay server? If you are a
> provider you ought to have your own mail server on a fixed IP address.

What good is blocking port 25 for outgoing mail anyway, if your
mailserver is as open as a barn door?

Furthermore, what does a spammer care? He relays his spam through
dozens or hundreds of zombie hosts, which in turn relay the spam
through their providers MX relay, filling up the queue and
entering the MX into every imaginable blacklist existing.
I hope, this will answer your question, why someone does not
necessarily wants to use the ISPs relay server at all costs.

CU, Venty

--
Osama bin Laden ist immer noch frei,
aber bist Du es auch noch?